- Published on Friday, June 29, 2012 00:00
- Written by By Joy White - Variety News Staff
- Hits: 1135
HAGÅTÑA — The grand coronation of Miss Earth Guam 2012 and 2013 took place Tuesday night at the Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort.Judges had a tough time narrowing down the contestants to six. Each of the six finalists received a title. From there, judges chose one contestant to represent Guam in the Miss Earth International pageant in 2012, and one contestant to vie for the title in 2013.
The title of Miss Earth Guam 2012 was won by Miss Sara Filush of Nimitz Hill, Piti. Filush will compete in the Miss Earth pageant later this year. She will work on environmental advocacy projects throughout the island.
Miss Earth Guam 2013 went to Katarina Martinez, of Barrigada. She will be crowned at next year’s pageant, where Miss Earth Guam 2014 will be chosen. In the meantime, she will prepare to represent Guam in the Miss Earth International pageant in 2013.
For the first time ever, Miss Resort World Guam has been chosen to represent the island in the Miss Resort World Manila pageant to be held in the Philippines in November. Kreshona Pinaula, the 3rd runner up, was crowned Miss Resort World Guam.
The other winners are as follows:
• The title of iConnect’s Miss Texter’s Choice was awarded to Jerilyn Pangelinan.
• Miss Fire, 6th runner up, was Tierra Mendiola.
• Brian Marie Duenas was crowned Miss Water, 5th runner up.
• As 4th runner up, Farren Delos Santos was declared Miss Air.
More Local News
- BREAKING NEWS: NMI Supreme Court sanctions AG Joey San Nicolas and Assistant AG Charles Brasington
- Comet hunting on Saipan
- DPW defends landfill contract with Tangs Corp.
- IT&E employees, families clean up Beach Road pathway
- Critters and worms – snacks to go
- Rota resident says water outages bad for business
- Concerned citizen opposes electronic gambling
- Cancer group to hold series of events for Survivors Day
- Rotarians urged to raise funds for possible relocation of Micro Beach playground
- Humanities Council invites community to book launching, upcoming programs
- Jury trial of Tinian Dynasty Hotel, officials to start in July
- NMC Class of 2013 picks Galvin Deleon Guerrero as keynote speaker
- Judge Manglona orders fugitive businessman to appear in court
- Jury trial in sex-trafficking case starts
- Inos OKs $60K for Rota
- Trustee: Bond may be a partial solution
- Vicente Norita gets 3 years for theft, burglary
- House supports extension of transition period
- Maryann Lizama to be acting CPA executive director
- Cruz questions NMI bar’s evaluation