- Published on Monday, August 06, 2012 00:00
- Written by By Raquel C. Bagnol - Reporter
- Hits: 1118
FOR rendering “service above self” and for being active in participating and volunteering in several activities of the organization, Rotarian LaReina Camacho was named Rotarian of the Year during the club’s luncheon meeting at the Hyatt Regency Saipan on July 31, 2012.Camacho received the plaque from two-time past president Pete Igitol.
Igitol said he selected Camacho based on her keen interest in promoting the ideals and objectives of the Rotary.
“This is ‘Service Above Self,’ ” Igitol said.
“Rotarian Reina had demonstrated exemplary service by consistently volunteering and accepting to lead in the service activities in most of the Five Avenues of Service during my watch as president of Rotary Club of Saipan from 2011-2012,” Igitol added.
Last year, Camacho coordinated the Parade of Books, one of the big annual events hosted by the Rotary Club of Saipan to promote reading and literacy in schools. She also assisted with the distribution of dictionaries to the third graders in public schools on Saipan, Rota and Tinian, as well as with the Las Vegas Night fundraiser and all the other events and projects hosted by the Rotary Club of Saipan.
The Rotary Club of Saipan has about 40 members and meets for luncheon meeting at the Giovanni’s Restaurant at the Hyatt every Tuesday.
More Local News
- NEWS UPDATE: Inos signs new extradition request
- Poe tops overseas absentee elections on Guam, NMI
- US court denies CPA motion for summary judgment
- Bunao tops pie eating competition at Taste of the Marianas
- Senator seeks creation of reserve fund for GovGuam
- Public invited to opening of Family Restaurant, Oleai Beach Bar today
- Guam Customs justifies need for fee increase
- Registration open for Joeten’s sushi-making classes
- Teacher of the Year says NMI school system succeeding despite challenges, cutbacks
- Mount Carmel announces scholarships, financial aid, incentives for school year ‘13-‘14
- Territorial sea bill clears US House, again
- Sophia-Fiesta 5-K fun walk this Saturday
- Community is invited to 1st PSS music festival
- Guam’s Calvo opposes closed-door meeting bill
- Military Integration Management Committee presents position on proposed military activities on Tinian, Pagan
- Burglary in Chalan Kanoa
- SHEFA says it has assisted over 3,500 students since 2004
- Wiseman increases bail of defendant in assault case
- Ham Kikku gets 8 days for domestic violence
- Tinian mayor’s office issues newsletter
- Transit office hires Kelvin Fitial as driver
- $5 ID proposed for Rota residents
- New investor offers $100M liquefied natural gas
- NMHC has yet to act on Isa Villas request on project-based vouchers
- MPLT, DPL still resolving issues
- Battle begins over sin-tax hike measure
- Colorado police take Buckingham into custody
- Affordable Care Act may be unaffordable in NMI