- Published on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 00:00
- Written by By Andrew O. De Guzman - Reporter
- Hits: 779
U.S. District Court for the NMI Chief Judge Ramona V. Manglona has allowed an injured probationer to undergo spine surgery in the Philippines.She granted the request to travel submitted by the U.S. Probation Office on behalf of Lawrence M. Fleming, a Saipan mayor’s office staff member.
On July 24, 2012, the federal probation office was informed by Fleming that he had been injured in a work-related accident the week prior and was admitted to the Commonwealth Health Center due to spine injury.
Fleming was cutting tree branches when the bucket truck carrying him broke. He landed on a one-story government building.
Fleming will undergo surgery at the Asian Hospital in Metro Manila on Aug. 10, 2012. He is expected to depart the commonwealth today, according to court records.
His return date is Sept. 3, 2012.
On Jan. 6, 2003, then-Chief Judge Alex R. Munson sentenced Fleming to 88 months’ imprisonment for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute, and distribution of methamphetamine. He was also placed on probation for four years.
More Local News
- US court denies CPA motion for summary judgment
- Tinian student to graduate cum laude from Oregon State University
- Guam hospital has only $1.1M cash-on-hand
- Tinian nurse practitioner awarded National State Excellence Award
- PDM Promoters receive $2K from TSL Foundation
- 15 teams to join Corporate Challenge softball tournament
- Micronesian Repatriation Association to hold 44th memorial service on Sunday
- Pistang Pinoy to include ‘super’ gay model pageant
- US gov’t wants court to deny garment company’s motion to amend judgment, complaint
- Maximo Kapileo arrested for riot
- Gov’t employee: Settlement proceedings should not ignore refund laws
- Dotts: Arbitration with Merrill Lynch to start in June 2014
- Guam Museum launches Facebook page
- Pretrial motions submitted in Sen. Ayuyu cases
- Rep. Camacho wants to impose a $25 to $500 fine on those who don’t wear lifejackets
- Wiseman orders award of water project to USA Fanther Corp.
- Guam mayors to partner with Crime Stoppers
- Bicameral panel OKs amendment to civil-service law
- CHC says it’s focused on federal re-survey
- Civic center is this year's Liberation Day venue
- Flame tree damages 3 vehicles
- Police: Buckingham cooperative
- Retirement Fund depletion countdown