BREAKING NEWS: NMI Supreme Court denies governor's emergency motion to stop today’s show-cause order hearing
- Published on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:33
- Written by Andrew O. De Guzman
- Hits: 170
JUSTICE John A. Manglona issued the ruling at around 12 noon Wednesday. He said the governor failed to show the "possibility of irreparable injury...if we do not take the extraordinary action of intervening into an ongoing Superior Court case."
The governor's lawyer must now explain to Superior Court Judge David A. Wiseman why the governor should not be held in contempt for violating the standing preliminary injunction orders against the $190 million power purchase agreement the governor signed with Saipan Development LLC.
That hearing will start at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. More details to follow.
More Local News
- BREAKING NEWS: NMI Supreme Court sanctions AG Joey San Nicolas and Assistant AG Charles Brasington
- Comet hunting on Saipan
- DPW defends landfill contract with Tangs Corp.
- IT&E employees, families clean up Beach Road pathway
- Critters and worms – snacks to go
- Rota resident says water outages bad for business
- Concerned citizen opposes electronic gambling
- Cancer group to hold series of events for Survivors Day
- Rotarians urged to raise funds for possible relocation of Micro Beach playground
- Humanities Council invites community to book launching, upcoming programs
- Jury trial of Tinian Dynasty Hotel, officials to start in July
- NMC Class of 2013 picks Galvin Deleon Guerrero as keynote speaker
- Judge Manglona orders fugitive businessman to appear in court
- Jury trial in sex-trafficking case starts
- Inos OKs $60K for Rota
- Trustee: Bond may be a partial solution
- Vicente Norita gets 3 years for theft, burglary
- House supports extension of transition period
- Maryann Lizama to be acting CPA executive director
- Cruz questions NMI bar’s evaluation