Slider
Slider

|

Slider

Man charged with unlawful discharge of firearms allowed to post 10% of $30,000 cash bail

Local
Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

SUPERIOR Court Associate Judge Teresa Kim-Tenorio on Tuesday granted the request of Don Pangelinan Sanchez Jr. to modify the previous bail order imposed on him.

The judge said she is allowing him to post 10% of the $30,000 cash bail, but all the other bail conditions remain in effect.

Sanchez’s arraignment was set for Sept. 28 at 9 a.m.

On Tuesday, he appeared in court in the custody of the Department of Corrections. He was in a wheelchair because of an injury to his leg.

Sanchez, 37, was represented by the Public Defender’s Office while Assistant Attorney General Heather Barcinas appeared for the government.

Pangelinan was charged with unlawful discharge of firearm, storage of firearm, persons permitted to process ammunition, and firearm owner’s identification card requirement.

According to court documents, after accidentally shooting himself in the leg with a handgun, Sanchez told police that he was a victim of  drive-by-shooting.

But police learned from witnesses at the scene that the incident was self-inflicted due to an accidental discharge of a pistol handgun.

The pistol was later recovered and procured as evidence.

A witness told police investigators that he saw Sanchez inside a FEMA tent where the defendant took a black handgun from his backpack and cocked it.

Later the witness heard a loud bang and saw Sanchez put the handgun on the table. The witness said Sanchez tried to stand up, but fell down on the ground.

Sanchez was previously convicted of sale or possession of illegal firearm and was released from the Department of Corrections on June 25, 2018.

 


previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Slider

Read more articles

Visit our Facebook Page

previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Slider