Kanoa crushes MP United

  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

THE Kanoa Football Club made its way into the winning column of the Youth League Spring 2020-U17 Girls Division after giving MP United Football Club a 7-1 drubbing on Saturday at the NMI Soccer Training Center.

Kanoa’s Lynzey Green and Southern United’s Mariana Castro battle for the possession during a  game of the Youth League Spring U17 Girls Division at the NMI Soccer Training Center.  Photo by James F. Sablan Jr.

KNFC’s aggressiveness was too much to handle as its players broke through MPU’s line of defense early in the game. Their streak started at the 4th minute mark as Sharmaine Francisco slipped through defenders with ease to connect the shot. With all attention on Francisco, MPU left an opening as Paulynn Joyce took advantage with three consecutive goals at the 12th, 19th and 22nd minute marks to give her team a commanding 4-0 lead.

MPU finally broke the silence two minutes later, thanks to Maury Zon Tybaco, but KNFC’s Francisco retaliated to score her team’s fifth goal.

Although MPU picked up the pace on the defensive end by finally cutting down KNFC’s production, MPU’s players remained scoreless.

KNFC continued to apply pressure adding two more goals courtesy of its dynamic duo: Francisco who fired her third goal of the day at the 42nd minute mark; and Joyce who followed up with her team’s fourth goal nine minutes later to seal the deal, 7-1.


In the other game, the TanHoldings Football Club collected its third win, this time at the expense of the Southern United Football Club.

THFC’s Jannah Casarino’s quickness allowed her to evade defenders with ease as she scored two straight goals within the same minute to give her team the lead, 2-0.

But SUFC was not to be counted out so easily as its players returned fire at the 4th minute mark. Their precision passes left Nathanette Blas open, and this cut THFC’s lead to just one goal.

The fight continued on with neither team unable to meet the back of the net until the 40th minute of play when THFC’s players found their second wind. Their persistency on both ends of the field was rewarded as they turned defense into offense with Rizza Relucio striking from a distance to extend the gap 3-1. It did not stop there as Raenna Ramaru joined the scoreboard at the 55th minute mark for the dagger goal. THFC won, 4-1.

Read more articles