Younis Art Studio Inc. - Marianas Variety News & Views
Fair. Balanced. Independent.
Established on March 16, 1972, Marianas Variety is the islands’ oldest, most trusted, most influential and most widely read newspaper. It is an independent publication with no ties to business or political interests. Its business is to be a newspaper, not to “defend” special interests or promote any business entity or politician.
Variety has a readership of 40,000 in the CNMI and 2,000 throughout Micronesia. We print an average of 28-40 pages daily with full color capability. We distribute in the CNMI, Guam, Palau, and the Federated States of Micronesia. We have subscribers in the South Pacific, the Philippines, Hawaii, Japan and the mainland U.S.
Variety provides its readers with the most extensive local and regional news and views. It carries interesting and in-depth feature stories, U.S. and international news. It has the liveliest opinion page in all of the Marianas and remains the only CNMI newspaper that takes a stand, through its editorials, on the burning issues of the day.
Variety is published from Monday to Friday and is owned by Younis Art Studio, a local company.
Variety’s website allows readers to submit comments as well as to see our advertising rates and other specifications.
Variety is a member of the Associated Press, Reuters and the Pacific Island News Association.
- Best Newspaper, awarded by the Society of Professional Journalists-NMI chapter in 1995
- Best Editorial Writing, SPJ-NMI, 1995
- Best News Photography, SPJ-NMI, 1995
- NMI Humanities Award for Outstanding Contributions to Journalism, 2001
- Best Online Edition of a Pacific Island Newspaper, 2002
- Environmental Achievement Award, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2003