- Category: CNMI
09 Jun 2008
Marianas Variety User Content Posting Rules
Decisions as to whether User Content violates any Posting Rule will be made by the Marianas Variety in its sole discretion and after it has actual notice of such posting. Every User shall register an email address to receive communications from Marianas Variety and for verification purposes. If Marianas Variety cannot verify information through User-provided email address, all postings from User will be withheld until verification. When you provide User Content, you agree to the following Posting Rules:
• Comments must be relevant to the news story, opinion piece or article. Stick to the issues!
MV policy prohibits comments or user names that are:
• Defamatory, abusive, obscene, racist, or otherwise hateful
• Excessively foul and/or vulgar
• Inappropriately sexual in nature
• Baseless personal attacks or otherwise threatening
• Containing illegal material, or material that infringes on the rights of others
• Commercial postings attempting to sell a product/item, including using company names as User names.
We will not allow:
• Name-callings or users attacking/insulting each other.
• Repeated messages related to another user and/or derogatory or offensive comments about another individual, or repeating prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
• Violation or encouragement of the violation of any local, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
• Uses or attempt to use another's Registration Account, password, service or system.
• Uploading or transmitting of viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, material or code.
If you violate any term of this policy, your comment will not be posted or will be removed and your account may be banned.
A User who posts comments agrees and understands that posting false or defamatory comments may subject him/her to personal liability and responsibility should a person or entity bring an action for defamation for publishing libelous and defamatory comments which are false and/or malicious.
Further, every User is informed that Younis Art Studio dba Marianas Variety may provide User information to law enforcement authorities as to any criminal investigation(s) for violations of CNMI or federal law.
All persons are informed that the Marianas Variety encourages comments by Users which advance the robust and spirited discussion of a news story, opinion, editorial, or article.
The Marianas Variety encourages and defends the free exchange of ideas, thoughts and speech under the First Amendment. However, the Marianas Variety discourages comments of the nature prohibited in this User Content Policy and urges every User to exercise extreme discretion when posting comments.