Today marks the fifth month of their disappearance.
A Mass will be held at Kagman and San Antonio churches at 6 tonight for the sisters.
Mafnas has not told the public of his action, if there’s any, regarding the former firefighter’s refusal to take the lie detector test, the source said.
Mafnas should have compelled the firefighter to submit to the polygraph test pursuant to an order of a superior, the source added.
“He let him go away,” said the source, referring to Mafnas.
Mafnas had yet to respond to inquiries of this reporter who was also told that the father of the former firefighter is the commissioner’s uncle.
The former firefighter is now with his family in the states.
The family left the island on May 7, 2011, more than two weeks before the disappearance of the Luhk sisters.
The firefighter’s wife is the missing girls’ auntie.
Last week, Mafnas asked for the community’s patience and cooperation in the ongoing investigation.
The total reward money for any information leading to the recovery of the sisters or prosecution of person or persons behind their disappearance is $50,000.
Call 911, the FBI at 322-6934, the girls’ family hotline at 285-4048 or the Crime Stoppers at 234-7272.


